Skip to main content

Teenage Poetry

Teenage expression via angst-ful poetry circa 1983
A little look back in time to my teenage years, my heartbreak and maybe a little bit of anger, too? Definitely a whole lot of drama!


This was typed with an old-fashioned electric typewriter. Notice the correction of 'd' in the word 'heard' in the third poem. Back in the day we used correction film. It was a gummy-like transferable Liquid Paper on a small rectangular slip of plastic called Ko Rec Type. Simply line the little square over your mistake, depress the erroneously struck key again, and voila, the space was whited out. It wasn't perfect, but word processors for personal use were still a few years away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage is NOT beautiful

I can't take the credit for this, but the words are so true I had to share.

Keeping Claudia Update

Get your tissues ready

I found myself crying as I finished re-reading my edit copy of Keeping Claudia. These characters have come to mean so much to me, they're like family.

It looks like release will be… (fingers crossed) sometime in April. I really hope you guys will love this story as much as I do.

Your Song sung by Lee Mead (originally by Elton John) was a strong inspiration during the writing.

A Fun New Reading Experience!

Storyteller Alley’s Author Discovery Box
A special reader package designed specifically for Saving Toby!  Limited Time Special Discount: 20% OFF with Discount Code HAPPYHOLIDAYS


The Saving Toby Author Discovery Box includes: Signed copy of Saving Toby by Suzanne McKenna LinkSomething to make the room smell just like the Long Island shore from  A to Z CandlesSomething to help you get your date night snack on from Allspice EmporiumSomething to make the world a prettier place from Plantables & PaperSomething handmade to inspire a little daydreaming from The Rugged HeartFind out more at Storyteller Alley
Perfect for the Book Lover on your gift-giving List!