|photo courtesy of Morguefile.com|
My husband is a natural smile-maker, and a champion of making people feel good about themselves. He has a smile, a greeting, and kind words for everyone he meets during his day — the clerk at the deli, the men and women he sees briefly, who sign work orders — and he's liable to break into song and dance at any given time, around perfect strangers. Because of this, many, many people enjoy his company.
I find the more I smile, the more uplifted and positive I feel at the end of the day. It's such a good feeling, I wish everyone could experience it. The truth is, a smile is such a simple, easy thing to share.
In case you need a few suggestions, try these:
- Smile and say good morning, hello, or have a great day!
- Not only hold the door for someone, but step back and let them go first.
- Say something nice about someone's clothes or hair style
- Tell them a funny story or a joke
- Make eye contact and smile!