Skip to main content

Winter's Respite Readathon: The Picks

Readathon Picks


Here's my list of possible suspects for the next 2-weeks:


1st Up was War of the Heart (A Snow Globe Christmas) by Jenna Victoria. Finished it and reviewed in earlier post. Visit post here.

2nd Up is Grey by E.L. James. The subject and genre is a complete departure from the last book I read, War of the Heart, but it does have a Christian in it! I've been curious about this one for some time and decided it was time to see if the story could hold up to the success of the previous ones. So far, I'm not impressed…

3rd Up is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know what you're thinking: What's taken you so long to get around to this one, Suzanne? Everyone has read this already, eons ago! And that is exactly why it's on my list, thank you very much.

4th Up is And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. This one's been sitting around my house gathering dust, watching other books come and go. While I thoroughly enjoyed both Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, for some reason, I pass over this one every time I'm looking for something to read. Well, no more excuses… unless I just can't get to it before the 2 weeks are up. We'll just have to see, won't we?

I'll be mighty impressed with myself if I get through all of these, 'cause this author (yeah, that's me) has her own writing to do. I'm editing my 2nd novel to send to my editor. Wish me luck!

What have I written? I'm glad you asked. Check out Saving Toby here.

The deets in case you missed them on my earlier post: 


Michelle over at Seasons of Reading is hosting this readathon, Jan. 16-29. 
It's 2 weeks long, but don't stress, you can read as much or as little as you like. You don't even have to participate the whole 14 days! 
Best of all, it's free and you can win prizes!

Care to join us?

To check it out and sign up, head on over to Seasons of Reading: http://seasonsreading.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-winters-respite-readathon-time-to.html

You can also check out #WintersRespite on Facebook. 
SaveSave

Comments

  1. Great list! Hunger Games is great and I loved And The Mountains Echoed. Hope you enjoy your selections!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet author Jan Sikes

I'm happy to share my blog with with fellow member authors of  Rave Reviews Book Club   as part of the RRBC's  Pay It Forward Week. Initially introduced by author Bethany Turner, the concept of Pay It Forward is to profile, promote and propel another fellow club member to new audiences for the day. This month I have the honor of hosting Jan Sikes. Jan has authored four books about the journey of two people moving through adversity, growing and learning about life and love. Interestingly, though she uses fictitious names, the books chronicle her life and relationship with her husband, the late singer-songwriter, Rick Sikes. This North Texan incorporates bits of wisdom and hard-learned lessons in her fiction stories and hopes to reach readers in a positive way. Her titles include: Flowers and Stone  Nothing could have prepared Darlina Flowers for the reckless Texas rogue musician, Luke Stone, to come stampeding into her life like a team of wild hor...

The Move Part 3 - The Finale

It’s Done Last month, my husband and I successfully sold our home of 37-plus years. I’d heard hair-raising stories of closings that went wrong, but thankfully, our closing went smoothly. The weeks leading up to the closing, however, were anything but. We secured our house’s elusive Certificate of Occupancy, but the buyer’s title company disputed the property lines, putting us under a tight deadline to talk to and secure notarized affidavits from neighbors bordering our property. Though we moved into our new apartment, we had to return to the house to shower and cook for two weeks while we chased after the gas utility company to turn on our service. Emptying the rooms, deciding what to part with, what to save, and  getting rid of stuff  was both physically and emotionally taxing. And we’d forgotten about a small attic! Our adult son and his large, older dog, Winston, were still living in the house, sleeping on a blowup mattress, basically squatting amongst the unwanted remains,...

Cover Wars

New Cover Samples Okay, feedback of the first two cover samples suggest one photo is too difficult to make out, and the other, the one with the couple on beach looks like a YA novel cover. The couple in the story is in their twenties, but it is certainly not a YA novel. I call it a literary love story, but the newly coined genre, New Adult, is also an appropriate fit. There is explicit language and scenes. With that in mind, here are two new variations of the cover. Please keep the comments coming! Other photo options: Here are two other photos I like, but are much more suggestive. My favorite photo by far is the one on the left as the couple actually looks similar to how I envision my characters. Unfortunately I couldn't download files big enough to insert in my sample cover. Photoshop effect added